Monday 7 March 2011

Ripple Blanket - the beginning

My friend is expecting her second baby and this time I thought I'd ask her what colour she wanted for a blanket. She did specify yellow.... but when I went in the yarn shop they didn't have anything really nice and soft in a bright yellow.... which was a bit of a relief for my eyes.

I did find a nice lemon and then I saw a lovely green which tones nicely with it. I'd seen this pattern for a ripple blanket and was really keep to start on it.

So, Saturday afternoon I sat down and started :) and this was the result a couple of hours later. It's now a fair bit larger, but it's taking longer to do each round. I love the pattern, it's really easy to learn and remember. If you want to try it you can find it here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/free-smoothfoxs-beginners-round-ripple

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thanks for the link to this free ripple blanket pattern on Ravelry, which I also have an account on. I was browsing for Mohawk Indian info when I came upon your blog because of the Mohawk headband you made. Since I also crochet, I had to check you out. Glad I did. Hello from across the pond in Tennessee.